Hope everyone is having a great week! Please be sure to stop by Out of the Bottle Today on campus in the Dining Hall! Here are a few quick notes for what’s up with the EcoHawks:
The EcoHawks is hiring executives and a new coordinator for 2012/2013 academic year go to http://wlusuhr.com to apply.
Our Earth Hour Event is coming up, so here are some quick facts:
- Earth Hour 2010 has been the biggest Earth Hour till date
- Total 128 countries took part in the event in 2010
- The energy demand minimized to 500,000 kilowatt per hour in Vietnam while the country took part in Earth Hour Event in 2010. The amount was three times more than the demand in 2009 when it joined the event for first time
- Around 4000 cities took part in the event.
Some of the landmarks those participated in the event are:
- Big Ben, London
- The Empire State Building, New York
- The Sydney Opera House, Sydney
- The Eiffel Tower, Paris
- The Parthenon, Greece
- The Brandenburg Gate, Berlin
- The Forbidden City, Beijing
- Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur
- Great Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
Stay tuned for more info next week and have a safe and happy weekend!