This week the EcoHawks had an incredibly successful bake sale fundraiser for our Earth Hour event next semester. We raised OVER $300! Thank you so much to everyone that came out and that purchased some of our delicious treats. ALSO don’t forget that our Lug-A-Mug event is coming up, STARTING ON HALLOWEEN! Stay tuned for more information.
Also in the next week we have a really exciting giveaway planned! Details will be available next Tuesday so check back then!
THE ECOHAWKS OFFICIAL CHALLENGE!
For all our general members, we have recently implemented a challenge to further promote the EcoHawks on campus and encourage more sustainable habits and practices. Here is the list so far
- Post photo of a group member with an exec at an EcoHawks event = 4 Points
- Volunteering for an extra hour at an EcoHawks event = 2 Points
- Seen on campus by an exec using a renewable bottle/mug = 2 Points
- Purchasing food from WLU Market = 2 Points
- At least 2 members from group participate in organized clean-up = 20 Points
- Attend an EcoHawks social = (varies)
- Bring an EcoNews article to a meeting = 5 Points
- Planting a tree = 20 Points
- Group photo an en EcoHawks event = 8 Points
- Group photo at another club/services event = 16 Points
- A group member brings in a photo of them in their EcoHawks shirt in their hometown = 8 Points
- Post photo of group in creative place = 5 Points
- Show-and-tell a fair trade item at a meeting = 5 Points
- Posting EcoNews to facebook page = 2 Points
- Post a video about something ecofriendly on out facebook page = 4 Points
- Present at general members meeting = 10 Points
- Posting Eco-tips to go on our blog = 4 Points
Bake for Ecohawks bake sale October 17th and 18th = 5 Points
Pot photo of at least 3 members of your group carving a pumpkin = 10 Points
Promote our blog in your facebook status = 1 Point
Have a safe and sustainable weekend!