CALLING ALL FASHIONISTAS! LG Fashion Week is just around the corner so while you are not writing essays or paying attention in class, check out Ecouterre. Ecouterre is a website devoted to the future of sustainable fashion design by showcasing and supporting designers who contemplate cut, form, and drape as well as the social and environmental impact of each garment from the cultivation of its fibers to its use and disposal. Ecouterre brings you articles, pictures and videos giving you the inside scoop from around the world on sustainable and Eco-friendly trends, designers and even DIY projects. This site is a must-read for anyone who is interested in fashion and helping the environment.
Here are a few recent posts, enjoy!
- Bones and Feathers Debuts Animal-Spine Jewelry Molded From Recycled Bullet Casings
- Vivienne Westwood Debuts Gold Label Spring 2012 at Paris Fashion Week, Thinks Confucianism May Save Planet
- Make Miu Miu’s Detachable Collar Using Scrap Fabric (DIY Tutorial)
- Artist Billie Achilleos Turns Louis Vuitton Bags Into Amazing Animal Sculptures (Video)
- OAT Debuts World’s First Certified-Biodegradable Leather Sneakers